LCI New England Community of Practice
The Business Case for Lean Construction - Proof Positive!
Thursday, February 23, 2017
5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210
Traditionally we have relied on anecdotal evidence to suggest how project teams might deliver better project outcomes. Empirical evidence now shows that projects with high Lean intensity are three times more likely to complete ahead of schedule and two times more likely to complete under budget. How and why projects are excelling were explored through two separate Lean Construction Institute research efforts conducted by Dodge Data & Analytics and University of Minnesota.
- We benchmarked 162 projects and inquired about 27 management methods
- See and learn statistically significant correlations between high Lean intensity and project success
- Finally break down Lean myths and feel empowered to make a difference
Attendees will learn how to use this compelling information as a call to action, a way to change project mindset. They will leave the event with an understanding of how to get started, and the best way to tell the story.
Bonus: Come see the New England Community of Practice 2017 Calendar of Events. Hear descriptions and provide input…we’d love to hear your voice.
- Nick Masci is a Lean Black Belt at Haley & Aldrich - part of the firm's Lean Consulting service line, coaching firms, owners and projects to fulfill the promise of Lean. As co-chairman of the New England Community of Practice, he will bring a dynamic perspective to the presentation.
- John Pemberton is recently retired VP/GM of Intel’s global construction and LCI board member from 2014-2016. He has many practical examples to share from implementing lean and collaborative contracting approaches from around the globe and around the US.
- Donna Laquidara-Carr is Industry Insights Research Director at Dodge Data & Analytics. She provides editorial direction to the SmartMarket Reports, covering such diverse topics as sustainability, BIM, risk management and lean construction.
Registration Rate: $40.00
Hors d'oeuvres, soft drinks, beer & wine will be provided.